The primary tasks of the Economic Department are to:
- Develop the monetary policy and assess its influence on the status of the banking system and other sectors of the economy;
- Develop monetary policy tools and analyze their performance;
- Monitor inflation, analyze factors of inflation and forecast the rate of inflation for various periods;
- Analyze, research, and forecast processes in real, fiscal, and banking sectors of the economy of the Kyrgyz Republic;
- Analyze the processes in financial markets of the republic, as well as analyze contingent trends in their development;
- Prepare the “Annual Report of the National Bank”.
In order to effectively fulfill the tasks assigned to the, the following divisions are part of the Economic Department:
· Monetary Policy Division;
· Macroeconomic Analysis & Financial Market Analysis Division;
· Economic Research Center;
· Macroeconomic Modeling Group.