The official Information
of the National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic
The National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic in accordance with the Constitutional Law of the Kyrgyz Republic “On the National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic” introduces into circulation the new banknotes in denominations of 200, 500 and 1000 Som of fifth series of the national currency from May 10, 2023.
The new banknotes honoring the 30th Anniversary of the national currency reflect the establishment of the national currency: from the coupon notes with familiar security features to the banknotes with high-level security features and enhanced design.
The principal design of new banknotes of the national currency remain a reflection of the historical and cultural heritage of Kyrgyzstan and are unchanged. The portraits of representatives of art and culture have been preserved on the front of the banknotes and notable sides of the republic on the reverse. The main color and size of banknotes also remained unchanged.
The new Kyrgyz banknotes contain three levels of security features that provide reliable protection for the public against counterfeiting.
All national banknotes are legal tender in the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic and are subject to mandatory acceptance regardless of the year of issue.
Security features of new 2023 banknotes in denominations of
200, 500 and 1000 Som
1. WATERMARK. Look for the multi-tonal portrait combined with numbers when held to the light.
2. SECURITY THREAD visible as a broken line and when viewed against the light it is a continuous line. Tilt the note to see a rapid movement up and down the thread’s background and the diamond-shaped logo National Bank pulsate.
3. SEE-THROUGH IMAGE. Look for the patterns on the front and reverse side of the banknote complete a pattern of diamond when held to the light.
4. RAISED INK. Feel the raised ink on the portrait,signature and denomination.
5. LATENT IMAGE. Tilt the note to see the C in a rainbow colour stand out from the background.
6. COLOUR-SHIFTING INK. The pattern is shifting from gold to jade, and moving double ring can be seen when the banknote is tilted.
7. IRIDESCENT STRIPE. The diamond-shaped logo of the National Bank and the denomination can be seen when the banknote is tilted.